Nothing beats a plate of delicious, flavor-packed chicken wings! This Labor Day, give your family a taste of these grilled chicken wings from The Mediterranean Dish. Get the whole Labor Day camping recipe below!
Recipe found on TheMediterraneanDish.com.
For the marinade
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 8 garlic cloves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper (or ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
For the wings
- 2 ½ pounds chicken wings
- Kosher salt
- 2 lemons, halved
Prepare the following steps before leaving home to make this meal easier to prepare at the campground:
- In a large food processor, combine onion, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and all the spices.
- Pulse until a thick marinade forms.
- Transfer to an.air-tight container and keep chilled until ready to use
At the campground:
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, coat with salt, and add to a Ziplock bag.
- Add the marinade to the bag and close the bag tightly.
- Massaged the marinade through the chicken to coat the wings evenly.
- Laying the bag flat, refrigerate the chicken for 2-4 hours, turning once to ensure the mixture coats the wings thoroughly.
- Heat the grill to 425.
- Add the wings to the grill and cover, cooking for 15-20 minutes, turning frequently.
- Grill the lemons for 2-5 minutes until lightly charred.
- Serve immediately.
Contact us if you are looking for a great RV to take you on your next vacation.